Updates to Keenetic OS are released on a regular basis, our research and development team are constantly working to make the Keenetic router's operating system faster, more functional and safety-concerned. We recommend using the latest release version available for your Keenetic router.
NOTE: Important! To be able to update to the latest release of the Keenetic OS online, it is required that the router has established Internet connection link first.
On the 'System dashboard' start page of your router's Web Control Panel, in the 'About the system' info box, look for the 'OS version'. Operating system automatically checks for the availability of the new releases. When the server has a newer version than the one that is already running on the device, you will see the 'Update available' status under the 'OS version' line.
TIP: Note: Some models, namely Keenetic City (KN-1510), Air (KN-1610), Lite (KN-1310) are flashing the FN LED indicator on the front panel of the router case when an update availability is detected. That is the default behaviour for this indicator, and it can be changed manually to flash FN LED for a different event.
Click the 'Update available' link. An 'Updates and Component Options' section of the 'Management' menu will open.
Click on the 'Install the update' button to start the process of updating the operating system.
An information dialog will appear with the message 'The device will reboot after installing the updates'. Please click 'Confirm' button.
NOTE: Important! During the upgrade process, do not turn off the device, nor disconnect it from the Internet.
Upon the completion of the OS update process, the Keenetic will restart automatically and then be ready for use again. Update availability status will change to 'The latest updates are already installed'.
1. The 'Keenetic OS release notes' section of our website lists the main changes concerning official releases (indexed with 'C' letter), beta (index 'B') and debug versions (index 'A') for each release of the Keenetic OS made available publicly.
2. Functional capabilities of your Keenetic router are determined by the set of installed modules (components of the Keenetic Operating System). You can always change this set by selecting the components you need. Important! Changing the component set will update Keenetic OS to the latest version.
The ability to install all components, that are available for a particular model, or a particular specific operating system module combinations, at once, is not guaranteed.
3. If for some reason update process of the Keenetic OS has failed for your router, please refer to the "Frequently Asked Questions on Component Installation and Keenetic OS upgrades" article.
4. Online system update can also be performed via the Keenetic app, available for Android and iOS-enabled mobiles.
5. The operating system of the Keenetic device can be updated with prepared OS image, thus an offline upgrade is possible. To update offline, please follow the 'Updating the Keenetic OS by replace of the system image file' instructions.
6. To install a pre-release (beta) version of Keenetic OS, please follow the 'Updating the Keenetic software to a beta version' instructions.