With the Keenetic application, you can set up notifications to receive information about events on the router in a way that suits you best. For example, you can receive notifications about changes in the status of your router (online/offline) or when the router switches to a backup connection.
The following alerts are currently available:
- Connecting/disconnecting network devices.
- A new device on the network.
- The Keenetic device is offline/online.
The offline alert comes when no signals are received from the router to the cloud server. For example, it may be because the Internet is unavailable (no connection to the Keenetic Cloud server), the server waits for 8 minutes and then generates a notification.
The online alert is received when a signal message from the router appears on the server after the 'Keenetic Offline' event has triggered. It is generated by the server as soon as the first signal message is received.
- Changes in network segment settings;
- The device has been booted up. The actual start of the router after shutdown or reboot. Please note that it is a physical shutdown or reboot.
- Switching connections. The alert comes when the WAN connection on the router is changed. For example, when switching from the main to the backup channel and vice versa.
- KeeneticOS has been updated. The notification comes when the KeeneticOS version on the router is changed.
- A new user has been added to the device.
- Wi-Fi off / on.
- The status of the family profile has changed. Activating/deactivating the Internet for a family profile, setting/deleting the schedule for a family profile.
You can receive notifications in the following ways:
- to an e-mail address;
- by push notifications (from the Keenetic application on a mobile device);
- in the Telegram messenger.
Install the Keenetic mobile application and add your device by following the instructions:
Launch the app and in the 'Locations' main screen, select the required network.
From the selected network settings screen, press 'Events'.
Click on 'Notifications'.
Select the events for which you want to be notified.
Please tap on the events that you want to be notified of when they occur. Select the notification methods. Tap a checkmark in the upper right corner of the screen to save the setting.
When you enable e-mail notifications, you will receive e-mails to the address you specified when registered your account. For example:
When push notifications are enabled, they will arrive at your mobile device where the Keenetic application is installed. For example:
The 'Events' screen keeps a log of completed notifications. To clear the log, press the 'Delete' icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Configuring Telegram notifications
To set up notifications via Telegram Bot (@KeeneticNotifierBot), mark the required notifications first.
And then generate a unique code by clicking 'Connect'.
Then go to the @KeeneticNotifierBot settings and register the obtained code.
Use the command /register [telegram-code]
For example: /register 2937a360-0d00-11e7-8029-xxxx
Wait for a confirmation message about registration 'Successful registration'.
NOTE: Important! If you get an 'invalid code' message when registering the key, be sure to run the /unregister command and then register again. Also, make sure you copy the code without any extra characters, such as spaces.
Check the notifications afterwards.