Updates to KeeneticOS are released on a regular basis, our research and development team are constantly working to make the Keenetic router's operating system faster, more functional and safety-concerned. We recommend using the latest release version available for your Keenetic router.
NOTE: Important! To be able to update to the latest release of the KeeneticOS online, it is required that the router has established Internet connection link first.
On the 'System dashboard' start page of your router's Web Control Panel, in the 'About the system' infobox, look for the 'OS version'. The operating system automatically checks for the availability of the new releases. When the server has a newer version than the one that is already running on the device, you will see the 'Update available' status under the 'OS version' line.
TIP: Note: Some models, namely Glider (KN-1510), Explorer (KN-1610), Sprinter (KN-1310) are flashing the FN LED indicator on the front panel of the router case when an update availability is detected. That is the default behaviour for this indicator, and it can be changed manually to flash FN LED for a different event.
Click the 'Update available' link. An 'Updates and Component Options' section of the 'Management' menu will open.
Click on the 'Install the update' button to start the process of updating the operating system.
An information dialogue will appear with the message 'The device will reboot after installing the updates'. Please click the 'Confirm' button.
NOTE: Important! During the upgrade process, do not turn off the device, nor disconnect it from the Internet.
Upon the completion of the OS update process, the Keenetic will restart automatically and then be ready for use again. Update availability status will change to 'The latest updates are already installed'.
1. The 'KeeneticOS release notes' section of our website lists the main changes concerning Official releases, Preview releases (Beta) and Dev builds (Alpha) for each release of the KeeneticOS made available publicly.
2. Functional capabilities of your Keenetic router are determined by the set of installed modules (components of the Keenetic Operating System). You can always change this set by selecting the components you need.
Important! Changing the component set will update KeeneticOS to the latest version.
The ability to install all components, that are available for a particular model, or a particular specific operating system module combinations, at once, is not guaranteed.
3. If for some reason update process of the KeeneticOS has failed for your router, please refer to the "Frequently Asked Questions on Component Installation and KeeneticOS upgrades" article.
4. An online system update can also be performed via the Keenetic app, available for Android and iOS-enabled mobiles.
5. The operating system of the Keenetic device can be updated with prepared OS image, thus an offline upgrade is possible. To update offline, please follow the 'Updating the KeeneticOS by a system file' instructions.
6. To install a pre-release (beta) version of KeeneticOS, please follow the 'Updating the Keenetic software to a beta version' instructions.